Monday 12 November 2012

Online Article + Supportive Comments!

So this is kind of old news, but I wanted to update it here on our blog page. As some of you may know, the Huffington Post wrote an article about our facebook page Engineer Memes online

You can find the online article here:

I thought this was really cool! I never expected my page to get this kind of attention/exposure especially from a news website like HuffingtonPost! Being an admin of this page has been a lot of fun. The only downside i've seen is that it is really tough to have engineer memes that can make everyone happy. Since I am an electrical engineer it's tough to create memes that other types of engineers can relate too. I have been thinking about looking for other admins who are studying/working in these different fields to help me with the page. The future is still uncertain though and I will have to wait and see what will happen.

At the same time it's great to see some of the people who commented about the page and are really supportive about it! Here are some of the comments I have read:

Although i love your funny memes, some are also motivational and inspiring which i also love...so thanks. Hannah Marie Seeger
You guys make my engineering memories fun. Abdullah Tariq
These memes are getting exponentially more hilarious with each hour I've spent in the library. So they are tending to infinite hilarity at the moment. Emily Beatty
This definitely has to be the best, most funniest page Ive ever seen. Keep it up guys. Sending this message from a lab in my university. Meanwhile in power electronics.....Xain Shah
Hiiiii there! Just wanted to say Awesome page, I can relate :D keep up the good work. Vanisha Mahabier Panday
Your page gave me the inspiration and the motivation because now I know I am not the only one who suffers from engineering. I am surrounded with some jerks from different majors who make me feel like I am the only one who gets fucked in this school. Engineering = awful school but amazing post graduate life and now I'll go back to study :) Karim Fahmi

I'm glad lots of people from around the world are able to enjoy these photos and are able to relate to these pictures. I know I can't make everyone happy, but I am trying my best. As well, if you have memes/pictures you want to share just message me on the fanpage! I welcome all types and will also give you credit for the photo! Thank you for the support! Anyways, I hope everyone had a good weekend and remember to...not drink and derive!

Feel free to leave comments on ways to improve the facebook page or anything you want to say!

5 comments:

  1. When you have unique and better content, you page is expected to get that much attention because that is natural that students visit the website that has better content and use that in a unique way as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five simple manner by which we are endeavoring to discover the esy method for nourishment. Some sustenance are beneficial for us however some of them are bad for read more us. Since this nourishment is giving us numerous destructive outcome in our life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This event looks interesting and as its collection will go to charity, its a good cause. I am a fan of Chris's baking and look here forward to attending this event to make contribution to the charity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah this is interested post indeed as people are now loving online articles and support through comments. So read here about more post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is exceptional post for the readers like me and i am supporting this system too. I have learned from this website many things that is encouraging writers so thank you.

    ReplyDelete